Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Marlon David Dunn










Well we've finally arrived at our oldest of the fab 5. Marlon David Dunn. Marlon is 11 years old and is a great kid. We were expecting to experience issues with Marlon but much to our surprise he has turned out to be an amazing little boy. He is extremely affectionate and longs for attention. He loves to play soccer and is really good (so we can hire him out for any U12 teams out there, so bid high!). He loves to joke around and picks on everybody. He makes his own bed every morning without being asked (we're hoping this will rub off on Matthew). He is very responsible. He is a lot bigger than we were thinking. So, to say the least we came unprepared. He and Matthew are sharing the same clothes... right down to their underwear! He really hasn't been any problem at all. Oh yeah, we did have a problem with him whistling at girls in the very beginning. The first time he did it I thought it was a joke then he did it to one of the staff workers here at the center and we had to put a stop to it. Mary Jane told him that he wasn't even allowed to look at girls until he was 25! He agreed. I wish there was more gorey details to give to you about Marlon but he really is a great boy! We know that God has special plans for him and we are honored that God chose us to be his parents.
Well, today was sunny! Yeah! We were able to play outside for several hours. Maryssa was sick today so she stayed in bed most of the day. She is so sweet. Things went pretty smooth all day except for after dinner when I was trying to get Robert asleep. He was screaming and I was laying down with him. Then Mary Jane came in and started criticizing my method... so I asked her if she wanted to try and she said, "no." So, I told her to ,"step off!" (FYI, this isn't a good thing to say to your wife after a long day. )Well anyway I asked her to forgive me later and she said she did. She then asked me to forgive her for what she said to me under her breath when i told her to "step off." Of course we laughed about it. What else can you do? We definitely have learned not to take things too seriously. Well tomorrow my in-laws will be taking over the blog so it should be pretty interesting. We love you guys!
Love ya,
Marlon's Mom and Dad

No comments: