Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!






No new suits, fancy dresses or new hats here. Only t-shirts, shorts, flip flops and baseball caps. It really didn't feel like Easter at all. I know that sounds bad but it feels like we are in some type of time warp where we are out of touch with the rest of the world. We were able to watch about an hour of 2nd service on-line though. As soon as Pastor John told everybody to clap thier hands, Robert dropped what was in his hand ( I think it was the stick to a lolly pop he just finished ) and started clapping like Pastor John. Our kids are going to love our church! It was good to hear that the Easter Outreaches went well yesterday. I'm glad we're part of a church that thinks outwardly rather than inwardly. Mary Jane came to me after lunch and gave me some great news... she said, "we will be half way through this thing this coming Wednesday!" That is awesome. We are so ready to come home. This is a huge sacrifice being here. Or is it? You know I was thinking today about the sacrifices we are making right now and the sacrifices that we will be making when we get back... and this is nothing compared to the sacrifice that my Saviour made over 2,000 years ago on the cross! He sacrificed everything for me so that I could have a way to have access to the Father. The least I can do is sacrifice a measley portion of my life for something He wants our family to do. And really that's all it is... a very small portion of our life... in light of eternity that is. As it says in the book of James, "our life here on earth is but a vapor." It is here one minute and gone the next. But, the things we do here carry eternal significance. That's why we're doing what we're doing. I need to keep reminding myself of that! It's easy to lose focus sometimes. But we're pressing on. OK, enough preaching. That was really for me anyway... back to today. We were able to have our first meal together as a family, where we didn't have to eat in shifts. It was really cool, actually. The kids are doing good. Of course it rained again today so our outdoor activities were halted. We were able to watch a local Soccer match on TV. I'm really starting to like this soccer thing a lot more. The kids really love it. I have to go back to the doctor in the morning for a check-up. I feel tons better but there is a little bit of swelling still, nothing major. I'm still not going to have surgery in Brazil, no matter what the Dr. says. Well, that's all for today. We miss you guys so much. Thank you for your prayers. Mary Jane will be blogging tomorrow so check back with us!


Love Ya,

No Easter Bunny in Brazil

1 comment:

BrittanyWebb said...

Wow! I have spent the past hour or so reading every word of your blog, and alternating between laughing and crying. (I love the entries from the kids!) I am truly amazed at how God is using your family! You are in our thoughts and prayers, and we can't wait to have you back at Hope and Life!

Kevin and Brittany Webb