Friday, March 14, 2008

Diogo Isaiah Dunn












Today we are highlighting our son Diogo. His name is pronounced Jee-o-goo, not Dee-o-go as Pastor Tony calls him. But since Pastor is my boss I guess he can call him whatever he wants. Anyway, Diogo is 5 years old and is hands down the easiest of all of our children. He is Mr. Cool. He is his own man and doesn't need anybody to encourage him as far as self esteem goes because he is supremely confident in himself. He is so sweet. He sings alot and is Mr. jokester. We've made the comment several times that if all the kids were like Diogo this would be so easy! He knows how to make people laugh and has a great attitude. He's also a cheater. Yes, you heard me right... a cheater! Anytime we play cards he cheats. Not like the other kids (they all cheat) but like a real life hustler. His slight of hand moves are so slick that you can hardly believe he is only 5 years old. I'm thinking of getting him into some underground card games when we get back to the states to make some extra cash. "Come on, it's a joke!" But a great idea though.
Diogo was in the orphanage for most of his life. As you may know his mother was a prostitute and was living on the street with him when he was with her. It's hard to believe that he had such a rough start in life when you're with him. He really is a great kid. The only issue we've had with him is that he's had nightmares a few nights, but that's it. He is so easy going. Today he told Mary Jane that he loved her in English! It was so sweet. You guys are going to love this little guy. We can't wait for you to meet him.
Today it finally stopped raining and we were able to go outside without totally getting trashed! Thank the Lord! We were running out of indoor activities. I'm pretty creative but I was beginning to draw a blank on new ideas. One of my best ideas was having the 2 and 3 year old stand at the top of the stairwell while I was at the bottom. Then I would take a tennis ball and try to peg them as they tried to dodge my throws. If I missed them it would hit the wall and come back down to me. If I hit them they would laugh and throw it back down to me. Either way I just had to sit there, which was good. Yes, I'm bored. Only 35 more days! We miss everyone. Thanks for continuing to pray for us.
Love ya,
jee-o-goo's Mom and Dad




No comments: