Friday, March 21, 2008

I didn't know that I was going to have to share EVERYTHING!










Hi, this is Matthew. It's my turn to blog today. I want to share with you things I like about Brazil and things I don't:




Things I don't like


1) I have to share everything. Pants, shorts, shirts, socks and even


underwear!


2) The kids wake us up at 6:00 every morning


3) Cold showers


4) No airconditioning


5) I like beans and rice but not everyday!


6) Not that much to do here


7) Portuguese TV


8) I can't talk to people because they don't speak English


9) You can't flush toilet paper down the toilet


10) My little brothers don't flush the toilet at all




Things I do like


1) Get to play soccer a lot


2) We go on a lot of walks


3) I have a fan at night


4) My Dad doesn't have to go off to work


5) It doesn't seem as hot as people say it is


6) The park next door is fun


7) There is a kid named Michael that we play with


8) I get to help Mom with laundry




These are just a few of the things abouit Brazil that I like and dislike. One thing that is different here is the way we do laundry. We carry our laundry down to a room in the basement. We sort them out. The ones that have dirt that you can see have to be scrubbed with a brush and soap. The ones with invisible dirt we put in this barrel then turn a switch. It wets them then it spins around for about 10 minutes. Then you put them into a differnt barrel and it spins around for about 5 minutes to get water off of the clothes. When it is time to stop you put your foot on this brek to stop it from spinning. Then you rinse them in the sink and then put them back into the one that spins. Then we have to hang them outside on the line to dry. Pretty exciting stuff.


I am glad that I have more brothers and sisters. I really like playing soccer with them. Marlon is good at soccer too. Well I am going to go play a game now. I miss everyone back home a bunch.
Matthew

No comments: