Friday, April 11, 2008

Yesssss! That's what I'm talking about!












Today was another awesome day! We were able to go to the Morretes, which is a mountainess area in the Rain Forest. There were beautiful waterfalls, lush green foliage, breath taking mountain views... it was amazing! But that wasn't the best thing... are you ready for this? I was able to eat a big juicy bacon cheeseburger on a fresh baked roll, along with a huge order of hot fries which I washed down with a nice cold Coke! That's what I'm talking about! Ain't God good? Anyway, today's blog is going to be just a little bit different. I'm sitting here with my princess, Maryssa. I'm going to be asking her a few questions that she has no idea that I'll be asking. These answers will not be imbelished at all. So, this should be interesting. I'm just curious what goes through her mind. So, here we go:

Dad: Let's start this off with an easy one. Who do you think the best Dad in the world is?
Maryssa: I will get in trouble if I don't say you. So, you.


Dad: Good answer, we're off to a good start. What has been the hardest thing about being in
Brazil?
Maryssa: Being away from home for so long.


Dad: What do you miss most about home?
Maryssa: My dogs, Family, and Friends


Dad: What have you enjoyed most about Brazil?
Maryssa: Robert ( not to choose favorites or anything)


Dad: Tell me a little about Robert.
Maryssa: He is so cute and sweet. He makes you laugh non-stop, and he understands the most
English out of all of them.


Dad: Do any of your brothers or sister get on your nerves?
Maryssa: Of course they do. You know that.


Dad: Like who?
Maryssa: All of them do different things that are aggravating.


Dad: Like what?
Maryssa: Marlon is a huge show off and sore winner and loser, and he's always hanging all over
Mom. Ana Carolina either acts like a girl or boy. When she's a girl she plays with dolls
and wears skirts and dresses. When she is acting like a boy she is burping, farting,
and playing in the mud. Diogo is always in your face and has the biggest melt downs
you have ever seen when he is told no. Gabriel stinks and is really messy. Robert,
well he dosen't get on my nerves.


Dad: Do they get on your nerves as much as Matthew and Michael?
Maryssa: Yes


Dad: Do you think you ever get on their nerves?
Maryssa: No, I'm perfect


Dad: Of course you are. What are some different things that you really like about Brazil?
Maryssa: You don't have to go to work everyday, some of their food and candies are good, most
of the people are really nice, and some of the stores are pretty cool.


Dad: How do you feel about adopting 5 other siblings into the family?
Maryssa: I'm really happy that we get to help these kids have a real family.


Dad: How do you think us adopting them will affect their lives?
Maryssa: A lot. I can already see a huge change since the first day we had them.


Dad: What kind of changes have you seen?
Maryssa: When we first got them they didn't care if you said no. They did whatever they
wanted. Ran off. They even gave some of us the finger. Now they don't. They used to
say really bad stuff and try to watch it on tv (of course you didn't let them.). You can
just tell they are happier.


Dad: I'm very proud of you because I know that this has been difficult. But there is no doubt
in my mind that God is going to bless our family because of our obedience. Thanks for
hanging in there with us through this whole thing. Daddy loves you. But I have one more
question for you... Seriously, who's the best Dad in the world?


Maryssa: YOU
Dad: Good answer, now take your $20.00 and go.




Maryssa and Matthew have really been troopers through this whole process. I can't imagine what it must be like to have your parents all to yourself, for you whole life, and then all of a sudden you see them having to give so much attention to kids that you don't know. And these kids, even though we think they're great, are kids none the less. Just think back to what it was like for you growing up with your siblings. There were always disputes and things to work through, right? Well, Maryssa and Matthew were hurled head first into this thing called adoption with not just 1 extra family member but 5. I am very proud of both of them for working through all the difficulties we've had to face together. In the beginning there were times when they were so upset... even crying, telling us that they wanted to go home... without the extra kids. It was very difficult ( and still is sometimes ) trying to integrate these kids into the family. As a parent, who loves his kids, it breaks your heart to tell them, "no, we can't do that." I didn't want to see my kids that upset about anything. I've always sheltered them from that type of heartache. But when you know that the Lord has commisioned you to do something, you know that it's going to be alright. So, I just reassured them that even though it stinks sometimes... we've got to complete what we've set out to do. Of course they didn't buy it at the time but we perservered and look what's happened. The kids have really come around and you can see that it's become more natural... being a family that is. As we were riding on the tour bus today I looked around at all the kids and I'm so thankful that the Lord has allowed us to expereience this whole 'adoption thing.' I really couldn't imagine 'not' having all these kids. And this is coming from someone who just a little over a year ago said those famous words... "we ain't havin no more kids!" We're fine with the 3 we have. Never say never... because you don't know what the Lord has in store for you. God is soooo good to us! "Now, that's what I'm talking about!"


Love ya,


The Dunn 10


No comments: