Monday, April 21, 2008

Everything is perfect now










It's so weird... now that we've obeyed God and adopted these 5 awesome children, there are no other problems or challenges in our life. We don't have to deal with frustrations or negative emotions like anger or fear. It's amazing how when you 'obey' your entire life becomes so simple with no complications... yeah, right! Just because you're obedient doesn't mean we won't encounter all that junk. It means we'll have even more opportunity to wade through that kind of stuff. It was funny, today was my first day back to the office and MJ's first day without me there to help with the kids. Work went relatively good. I only had to bite my tongue about 15 times, count to ten 3 times and ask God to forgive me for a bad attitude twice (and that was in the first hour there!). Several things didn't go the way I wanted and I even received an email complaint about the sermon I preached the Sunday before I left... great! Welcome back! Then after I completed going through my 'in' box and answering emails I finally headed home. About 3 miles from the office I felt my truck shaking and I stopped and looked and yep, I had a flat tire! Awesome! I didn't have a spare either. So I fell down to my knees right there on the side of the road, looked toward heaven, shook my fists and cried out, "why God!" Just kidding. Everything was true up until the part where I fell to my knees... even though I felt like it. I had to call my little brother to come rescue me and he did... then I was finally able to head home. When I walked through the door Maryssa handed me a sheet of paper and it said, 10 tires, 1 chain, 2 seats and 1 handle bar." I said, "what's this?" She said, "that's what we need for you to fix so that all of our bikes work." "And we want you to do it now." What! I just walked through the door!? Are you serious? Yep. She was. They had been waiting all day for me to get home so I could fix them. Great. So, I told them to load all the bikes in the back of my truck and I would take them to Papa's because he has a compressor and tools. They did and we went and I fixed all of them except for 2. I put too much air in 2 of the tires and they exploded... it sounded like gun shots! I was too lazy to use a tire pressure gage and was just guessing on how much air to add... oops. As far as MJ, her day went great with the kids. My mother came over, Pastor Gwen and Carmen dropped food off and there were only minimal injuries (two bloody noses... Diogo and Robert) and only 2 spankings (Diogo and Robert... by the way, this had nothing to do with the bloody noses). A pretty smooth day. The kids are having a blast playing in the yard. When I finally got home from work and fixing bikes, MJ and I were sitting at the table in the kitchen watching all the kids playing in the back yard. We just can't believe how far we've come and how great the kids are doing. Just think... this time 3 months ago, these kids were all stuck in a small, cold, lonely orphanage with no family or place to call home. And now look at them... happy, secure, full of joy. Wow. Thank you Lord for allowing us to be the ones to do this... everything isn't perfect, but that's OK, it doesn't have to be.




Love ya,


The Dunn 10

No comments: